Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lillian at one month

 
Our sweet angel baby turned ONE month on November 16th.
I have loved every single second with this child. And I can already tell we are going to be best friends.
She has such a sweet temperament, but don't piss her off....because she will let you have it. Real fast!
But she is definitely way more laid back than Hudson. I'm not sure if its the second child thing, or if I'm just more laid back. With Hudson, I was a big ball of stress with the colicy baby and the dreaded countdown of going back to work. This time, both of those factors are eliminated, so I'm sure that helps! Whatever it is, we are thankful!
 
Lillian Lindley at ONE MONTH:
- Nursing every 3 hours during the day and letting her go as long as she will go at night. The last two nights, she's gone about 6 hours. I've put her down around 9:15 and she is waking up around 3:00 am.
Thankfully, she goes pretty much right back down. Such a departure from her colicy brother.
-Speaking of nursing, she is fast! She's the get in, get full, and get out type. Kind of worries me and makes me use google a lot, but she is showing all the signs of growth. She is just efficient.
-Speaking of growth, homegirl weighs 9 lbs 0.5 oz as of this morning. Yeah, she's almost gained 3 lbs from when we came home at 6 lbs 2 oz. All in 5 weeks. Sister's not missing a meal!
-Nursing exclusively. No bottle yet. Will probably start that in the next week or two. For some reason, I'm not in the mood to rush it.
- Still sporting her premie gowns but now I've ventured into the newborn stuff and its just big on her. I kind of don't understand why though, because she is 9 lbs. I guess she's a dainty 9 lbs. I really try to stick with the gowns right now because it's easier with the middle of the night diaper change and her legs are still tucked....pants are more of a hassle at this point. But who am I kidding, sister doesn't have that many pant sets.
-She is getting more wake time these days. I can get about 30 minutes out of her after she eats. Then she is ready to be wrapped up and napping. Eat, wake, sleep. We practice loose babywise at this house.
- Loves to be swaddled for naps and bedtime. We use the miracle blanket at night and the swaddleme Velcro wraps during the day.
-Not a huge fan of the swing or bouncy seat. Really prefers to be held. I'm ok with that.
-She really is a happy baby. But as stated above, if she is dirty, tired, or hungry...you better look out.
 She goes from 0 to screaming in 2.5
-Looks just like he brother and her daddy. As Kim stated, I carried her for 9 months and she comes out looking nothing like me. Ha!
 
Here is some pictures of sweet girl on her one month birthday
 
 
I could literally eat that face up!


 
Diva


 
And, of course, some of Hudson. He was jumping off the stool in sister's room

 
Look at that sweet face!
 
Daddy and his mini-me
 
Lillian Lindley,
You have completely stolen our hearts and completed our family! We are so thankful for you and for our God for letting us be your parents! Please continue to be the angel baby that you are! And please don't grow too fast. Mommy loves you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment